Friday, June 6, 2008

Heaton Ranch in Stout Canyon

I seem to remember when I was just a little (fill in the space) kid, our family went up to the ranch to BBQ, eat tons of watermelon, hike around and climb on the rocks.

I have been assisting a family to get a cabin built in Stout Canyon at the Heaton Ranch. Betsy Beaver 's father is Grant Heaton and her grandfather is Charles Heaton. She thinks that the whole area used to belong to Thomas Chamberlain. Here Smokey is chasing a stick that I threw in one of the two lakes that are out front of the older cabins and homes.
Smokey is checking out where the squirrels went to.
This is beautiful country. We have been invited up to use the zip line at the upper lake. So Smokey is practicing his swimming for when it gets warmer. I don't think the water will get any warmer though.

No comments: